April 26, 2023
IT Asset Recycling: What to know for your business in 2023
IT Asset Recycling: What You Need to Know in 2023
Introduction:Updating IT equipment is something that most companies have encountered at least once. The question of what to do with the old or out-of-use equipment often arises after the new equipment is purchased. Proper disposal of IT assets is crucial for data security, environmental safety, and helps minimize company waste. This article will cover what IT asset recycling is, the process and benefits, and how TeleTraders can help.
What is IT Asset Recycling?What is IT Asset recycling? IT asset recycling is the process of collecting, possibly refurbishing, and repurposing IT equipment that has reached the end of its current useful life. Recycling your used IT assets is one of the essential way in which corporations and businesses of any size can help mitigate their environmental impact.
The IT Asset Recycling ProcessThere are several steps that should be completed to ensure that the disposal, recycling and repurposing of IT equipment is secure and environmentally-friendly. These steps include:
- Asset Collection: IT equipment is retrieved or received from businesses and transported to a secure area.
- Data Destruction: Sensitive data is destroyed using industry accepted methods to ensure that data is not recoverable of retrievable from any devices
- Recycling, Refurbishing, Repurposing: The last step is to recycle or repurpose your equipment. If you are repurposing your equipment, oftentimes you may need to refurbish the equipment. If you are recycling the equipment to meet green initiatives or obtain tax breaks, make sure that the company you are partnering with provides a Certificate of Recycling.
The Business Benefits of Recycling IT Assets
- Avoid Data Breaches with Data Destruction
- Achieve Environmental Initiatives & Objectives
- Reduce Upgrading Costs Through Tax Breaks or Repurposing
How TeleTraders Can Help with IT Asset RecyclingIt is imperative to select a reliable and credible IT asset recycling partner to ensure that your equipment is handled in the proper manner. Your partner should follow industry standards when dealing with data destruction, equipment transferring and recycling or repurposing your equipment. Partnering with an asset recycling and repurposing company like TeleTraders can give your business the peace of mind that your IT assets and equipment are being disposed of in a secure and environmentally-friendly way.
IT Asset Recycling Conclusion
Is it worth it?
- Reduce Data Breach Risks
- Comply with Environmental Regulations
- Accomplish Green Initiatives
- Tax Break Opportunities
- Generate Additional Revenue